Methods of ordering your Repeat Prescriptions
If you regularly take a prescribed medication/medications, you will be given a repeat prescription request form. About one week before you need more treatment, please send us your request using one of the methods listed below:
- Via the NHS App – Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is the most simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. The NHS App is available now on iOS and Android.
- Online Request – You can order a one off medication or a repeat medication using our online form. If this request is for a new medication that you have never had before we may ask you to book an appointment to discuss this first.
- Patient Access Online – Click here to use our online system
- By repeat slip or on paper – You can put your request in on paper by dropping it through the letterbox.
Non-urgent advice: Patient Notice
Please allow at least two full working days for your prescription to be processed three if your prescription is taken to the local chemist.
Not all medications are put on to repeat. Certain medications are deliberately not put on to repeat prescription as they can be dangerous. It is a decision between an individual and the doctor about whether a medication goes on to repeat.
HRT Pre-Payment Certificate
From the 1 April, the Government is launching the HRT Pre-Payment Certificate (PPC) to reduce prescription costs for women receiving Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).
The HRT PPC will be available to buy in one single payment online at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/hrt-ppc, or in-person at some pharmacies. You can call 0300 330 2089 for help and support.
Before buying an HRT PPC, you should check if:
- you’re eligible for free NHS prescriptions using the eligibility checker: www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/check
- your medicine is covered by the HRT PPC. For a list of eligible HRT medication, visit: www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/hrt-ppc-medicines
- a 3 or 12 month PPC is more suitable. It covers all NHS prescriptions, not just HRT items. Visit: www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppc